Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Doghouse Dawgs-So Doggone Good!

Hi everyone!  How was your 4th?  Mine was fun! Went to Alabama to spend time with the family and caught a bit of a fireworks show.  I missed you guys like crazy!  So happy to be back and sharing my experiences with you all.

I don’t know about yall, but I ate like a wild hog this past weekend.  Ribs, burgers, mac-and-cheese, potato salad, slaw, everything you can think of.  So imagine my surprise when I had an urge for a hotdog. (I’d only had 3,729 this weekend.J)

It was then that I remembered that I’d bought a groupon for a place called Doghouse Dawgs in Hapeville.  Seriously, $7 for $15 worth of food is an awesome deal.  So I headed over yesterday to see what I could find.

Lunch for me was around noon.  Got there and there were only 2 people ahead of me.  The young lady behind the counter ( I think her name was Jody) was perky, sweet, and personable and greeted me with a smile.  I informed her before I ordered that I had a groupon (as you always should) and she threw her hands up in the air and screamed, “Yay, 3rd one of the day”.  I told her I’d never been there before, and she replied, “Okay, tell me what you want, and we’ll work it out”.  She was very patient with me and helped me to decide on my chili, onion, and relish dog which came with potato salad.  My friend had a slaw dog and we both had orange float frosties, cashier’s suggestion, which were delish!  Our food came in just under $10, which is great for lunch for 2 people.

The food was served hot and fast.  My dog was tasty, the ingredients were fresh.  My potato salad was sweet and good.  And with all the different flavor combinations, (ex. sauerkraut, jalapenos, brunswick stew, guacamole, etc.) there are hundreds of possibilities for your taste buds. 

So if you’re ever over in Hapeville, stop by Doghouse Dawgs.  They definitely deserve thumbs up in my book.


Dog House Dawgs
3451 Dogwood Dr.
Hapeville, GA 30354
404.968.9433



*Like them on facebook*

No comments:

Post a Comment