Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Engineer Guy has the .....best make-up in the City? Ergh????

I know what you're thinking...What does an engineer have to do with make-up?  That's the same thing I said.  I thought this store would be all about chemicals to mix with nucleotides and oxidation to the pythagorym theorem.... (Did I spell any of that right)?
 
And in a way it is, just not the way you'd think.
 
I found this place on a humbug completely.... I initially was on the search to find a thinner to use with my Holy Grail cream foundation, The Graftobian HD Warm Palette.



While I absolutely adore the creaminess and texture of this palette, the thickness can make it a little hard to work with.  So I set out to find the 246 thinner that have been praised by sooooo many Pro MUA's to thin it out. Insert Pic....
 The only one I could find was by Makeup Forever; you had to have a pro membership...yadayadayada...and yadayadayada some more. So after a quick Google search, I found a place really close by that had a 244 thinner that claimed to do the same things. Insert pic here...
 Which brought me to The Engineer Guy...Hence the name and the explanation for what I "thought" it would be.
 
But no, was I wrong.   It was so much more. The store was chalk full of great finds, from Parian Spirits, a few Cinema Secrets, to blood, and gore, to pregnancy casts, and so much more.  I usually have to make the 25+ minute trek to Buckhead if I want any of these coveted treats, but this place is nestled right near the Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson airport, the busiest in the world might I add, and it will be my new favorite place for certain supplies. 
 
The prices were great, $7.00 for 8 ounces of the 244 "Wonder Fluid", I paid $2.00 for 8 oz. of 99% Alcohol, and best of all, I got to sample this guy
 The Jao Lip Balm, Hand refresher (sanitizer) and the gao oil, all for $10.  With a 10% discount for Pro Mua's, (you'll need a business card) this place rocks.  Can't wait to visit them again.  Check out some of the cool pics of the store below, and if you visit, don't forget to tell them you heard about them on MonaLisa P in the City.
 
The Engineer Guy Nelson A Burke Company, LLC
1000 Tradeport Blvd - Suite 1003
Atlanta, GA 30354

Store Hours: 

Monday - Thursday 9 am - 7 pm EST
Friday 9 am - 5 pm EST
Saturday 10 am - 3 pm EST
 

No comments:

Post a Comment